Alexander is Here!
Little did I know that as I was writing my last "update" post I would begin to have what were the first signs of going into labor. It all started June 12th, 2012 in the evening, the same day as my 40 week appointment. I officially felt what seemed to be REAL contractions! The entire pregnancy I had never really been sure if I had ever felt any but after dinner I noticed mild cramping and tightening of my abdomen. At that time the contractions were not consistent and were irregular in timing. So I went to bed early that night with the gut feeling that this could possibly mean the begging of something.
The next morning I woke up around 4am with the same cramping, only a little stronger and at regular 10 minutes intervals. The doctor had told me that as soon as I began having regular contractions about 5 minutes apart, I could head to the hospital to be checked out. So that morning I got Josh up early and told him we were going for a walk! I was going to get this baby OUT! =)
So early that morning we went on a long walk and sent Josh back to work aftwerwards because the contractions remained at 10 minute intervals. I told him I would let him know if they became closer together so we could head to the hospital. I spent that morning primping and making sure we had all our bags completely packed incase I did in fact go into active labor. I hung out with my parents all morning and when I started to notice the contractions getting closer together, anywhere from 6-8min apart I decided to call the doctor's office to let them know what was going on. They asked for me to come in right away so I called Josh and told him that they wanted to see us. He rushed home in a nervous wreck and I think it finally started to sink in for him that we are so close to becoming parents! =) Mom and Dad insisted we pack the car with all our bags, which I intitally argued against. I really thought they would send us back home since my contractions were not exactly 5 minutes apart yet.
As soon as we got to the office they checked us in right away and they noticed that I was almost 4 cm dilated and 100 effaced. My water had broken and they said we were being sent to the hospital to have our Son! The time had finally arrived and we didn't need to wait until Friday after all!!!
We were checked into our labor and delivery room by 2pm and by that point the contractions were coming on much stronger and were exactly 5 minutes apart. Epidural PLEASE! This is where the story gets a little exhausting! =( The epidural worked GREAT in the beginning and I remember vividly telling my parents and Josh how amazing it was because I was feeling great! Well Somewhere between 8cm dilated to delivering our baby, the epidural decided to wear off. =( Later on we realized the catheter had partially made its way out. Slowly from 8:30pm until Alexander was born I started to gain more feeling and by 10pm I was 10cm dilated and in MUCHO PAIN! At that point I was naturally ready to push and it was the only thing that helped alleviate the pain. I wish I could say that after reaching 10cm I had a few rounds of pushing and POOF...out He came out! But after 2 1/2 hours of gut wrenching, hardcore pushing, we FINALLY got to meet our BEAUTIFUL baby Boy!!
Alexander Cole Manard
decided to join our world
decided to join our world
June 14th, 2012
@
12:32am
Weighing in at 7lbs 13oz
20 inches long
| Getting ready to meet Alexander |
| No one can ever prepare you for this moment! AMAZING! |
| First Manard Family Pic |
| Proud Daddy! |
| Proud Abuelitos! |
| LOVE HIM SOOO MUCH! |
| Dad changed A's diaper for the first time...=) Such a natural! |
| We get to go home!! |
| First car ride! |
![]() |
| Mia meet your new Brother |
| Already such a good big Sister! =) |
I just wanted to say Thank You to my AMAZING Husband for being my rock and for proving once again what a great team we are together! I didn't think it was possible but that night I fell more in love with you. Seeing you meet our Son and getting to see how natural you are as Daddy melts my heart! LOVE YOU more than you will ever know!
&
Mom thank you for being so strong and supportive, even though I know how hard it was for you to see me struggle in the end. So happy you could be apart of such a special moment and I love you sooo very much!







Beautiful! You are an amazing Mommy!
ReplyDelete