Monday, June 11, 2012

40 Week Belly Post

I have decided to be finished with the original format of the Belly posts and NO its not because Alexander has decided to join us, because Yes I am in fact STILL pregnant!! Today is my due date and still NO baby! =( I had a complete meltdown this morning and I am convinced this baby is never coming. These last few days have been incredibly uncomfortable and I have tried everything possible to try to get this baby moving. It doesn't help that I have my Mother and Father in town eagerly waiting for Alexander's arrival. I insisted that Dad wait to come this weekend because I had a feeling things might be moving slowly after my Thursday appointment, but he insisted he wanted to make it down here anyways. Truth is its been nice having them here and it's been a good distraction for me! Swollen feet/fingers, pelvic/ lower back pain are just some of the few unpleasant symptoms that I have been dealing with these last few days. My body feels like a complete train wreck today from all the lunges, stair climbs, walks I have taken these last few days so today I am trying to rest it up (well until this evening anyways)!

p.s. I am on my 3rd day of trying to get my wedding ring off from my swollen finger and still no luck!

So let me update you on our ultrasound and doc appointment this past Thursday. The doctor scheduled it early because I gave her the crazy face at my 39 week appointment 2 days before. She was going to make me wait until my 40 week appointment this Tuesday but that was not cutting it for me!  Thankfully she saw the look of desperation on my face and went ahead and scheduled it for this Thursday. They measured for his weight, umbilical cord blood flow, and amniotic fluid level and everything has turned out to be normal. Thank God! They are estimating his weight to be at about 7lbs 2oz but that can vary up to 10 to 15% higher or lower, so we still don't know for sure how big he his.  So nonetheless the ultrasound concluded there is no real reason for induction in the upcoming week, even though I am convinced he is on the bigger side. I still don't feel like my stomach has dropped and I have been feeling him down in my pelvis as well as high up in my ribs, making me think he could be either really long or just a big boy. I guess we really won't know for sure until he is here will we?!  =(

After my ultrasound I met with the nurse practitioner who performed another check and I was STILL 2cm dilated and 80% effaced! WHAT THE HECK?!?! So another aggressive check I welcomed hoping she could bring on some contractions! It was pretty painful but at this point I welcome any pain if it means we will be meeting our lil boy soon! I have had some braxton hicks contractions since then but nothing consistent. I am not so sure anymore what I am supposed to be feeling or wether or not I am even having contractions to begin with. So for now I continue to pray and hope he decides to get the urge to come out and finally meet us. Thank you to all our friends and family that continue to pray and think of us during this time. We really appreciate it! If he doesn't decide to meet us before our next appointment this Tuesday I am sure I will have plenty of time to update everyone on what our next plan of action will be.

I really do hope that this is my last and final Belly Post!!

40 Week Belly picture...
Holy Momma!

No comments:

Post a Comment