It was so nice to get to spend some time in Tulsa with family. Time with them never seems to be enough but I definitely took advantage of every second. While I was there we celebrated Mother's day with the most FANTASTIC Lady I know! I am so blessed to have such a supportive and loving Mother and I really do not know where I would be without her. She truly is an inspiration to me and I feel so lucky to have her as my best friend.
Saying goodbye to my family was hard but it made it a little easier knowing I will be seeing them at the end of July. My Mother & Father, along with my Uncle & Aunt are coming to visit Josh and I in Poland for a couple of weeks. We are so excited they will be with us soon! I am already counting down the days!! =)
 |
Happy Mother's Day
While I was in Tulsa I spent some "one on one time" with Aubelita. I was able to watch her make her famous Tamales. Yum! Making tamales is always a huge production because they are so time consuming. So when she makes them, she makes it worth her while and makes a lot of them. I did get the chance to help out a little but to be honest I mostly watched. I told Grandma the next time she decides to whip up some tamales and I am in town, I would love to learn because this is one recipe that should never be lost. These tamale's are AMAZING! and I am not just saying that because she is my Grandmother. =)
|
I also took some pictures of our family one evening when we were all together for Tio Amadeo's delicious hamburgers. He was trying out his new grill (lucky us) and it was such a nice evening to sit outside and enjoy a glass of wine. These type of moments for me are priceless.
No comments:
Post a Comment