So this Year we decided to kick off 2011 by taking a Road Trip to South Poland with our family of three. Josh, Mia, and I packed up our rental car and headed to beautiful Krakow, an enchanting place! We only spent a night and a full day in this charming city, because we had planned Krakow to be our stoping point before reaching our final destination, Zakopane. I am sure we will be making several more trips to Krakow before our year is up, conveniently having it a short train ride away from Warsaw. Zakopane is about an hour and a half south of Krakow in the Tatra mountains close to the border of Slovakia. It's a lively mountain town with beautiful views and skiing. Josh and I rang in the New Years Zakopane style with delicious Polish cuisine, vodka, Polka music, and an insane amount of fireworks in the main center. The next day we started the year off skiing and enjoying a delicious lunch up in the mountains, while we took advantage of the gorgeous views. We had an absolute blast, including little Miss Mia who we call our "little polar bear" because she could seriously live in the snow if she had it her way. It was the perfect place to celebrate our family's new beginning! No other way would have been more fitting than celebrating The New Year Polish Style!
Szczesliwego Nowego Roku!!!
 |
| Road Trip |
 |
| Our Driver |
 |
| Our cute little passenger |
 |
The Longest and Coldest Walk ever!
But we made it home! |
 |
Beautiful Krakow at night
during the holidays |
 |
Josh's face after finally making it to our hotel after
getting lost. Josh was not really prepared with
the proper gloves because his poor hands were
icicles when we finally made it back!
|
 |
| Date night in Krakow...Delicious dinner! |
 |
| Main Square at night |
 |
The View from our hotel window in Krakow.
Isn't it gorgeous?! |
 |
| SUPER DOG! (Krakow) |
 |
| Mia is always making new friends! |
 |
| Josh and Mia taking the back roads (Krakow) |
 |
| Krakow's Main Square |
 |
| So happy we could bring her along! =) |
 |
| Love this man!!! |
 |
| We had some to eat! YUM! |
 |
Can't wait to come back to Krakow to eat some
more of this delicious food! |
 |
| New Year's Eve in Zakopane |
 |
| Some Authentic Polish Cuisine |
 |
Polish Vodka that we may or may not have
put a dent into?! hhhhmmmm |
 |
| Getting ready for Midnight |
 |
| Happy New Year!!! 2011 |
 |
| Don't mind if I do! |
 |
| Yay Breakfast! |
 |
Coffee & Paczki's
( Polish doughnuts filled with jam)
|
 |
| Perfect day to Ski |
 |
Beautiful View of Zakopane from
our hotel window |
 |
| Finally got to put my tripod to use |
 |
| Familia de Manard |
 |
| Doing a little shopping in Zakopane's main center |
 |
Not sure if Hot wine is my cup of tea...but I guess
I will take anything to keep warm |
 |
Josh enjoyed the Hot Wine!
Desert to end our last night in Zakopane |
You and Josh take the coolest pics! What kind of camera do you guys have? My parents just gave me a Canon EOS for Christmas and I'm in the process of figuring it out!
ReplyDeleteHey Maureen! Your soo sweet! Most of the pictures I take are with the Nikon DSLR 5000 and I LOVE IT! And some times I still take pics with my little cannon in places I don't want to lug the big camera around. But I hear the DSLRs: Nikon and Cannon are basically the same thing. I just started a photography class online for beginners to help me learn about my camera and basic photography skills. Soo we will see how that goes. But I have been creeping on your blog and you have been taking some AMAZING pictures! Perth looks amazing and I am sooo jealous of your Hot Beachy weather! I could use a little bit of that up here! Look forward to seeing more pics! LOVE!
ReplyDelete