Sunday, August 24, 2014

Braxton James Manard - July 8, 2014

Birth Story.....

We had originally scheduled Braxton arrival via induction on July 10th due to speculation of him being on the bigger side. But to Mom and Dads relief he decided to come on his own a few days early!

The evening of July 7th  (38.5 weeks pregnant) I began to have the beginning signs of early labor and by 10pm I was having consistent contractions about 10 minutes apart. That night I didn't get much rest because as the night went on my contractions began to get stronger and more uncomfortable. By 4:30am I decided to wake Josh to let him know that more than likely I was in labor.  At that point my contractions were about 6 minutes apart and becoming painful so I decided to phone the doctor who sent us on our way to the hospital. Since we weren't expecting my Mother and Sister until the 9th we had to make last minute childcare arrangements for Alexander. Thankfully my cousin who lives nearby was able to come over promptly and by 5:30am we were checking into the hospital. By this point I can honestly say the contractions were pretty painful and starting to become unbearable.

When I got to my room I was contracting consistently every 5 minutes and I was dilated at 5cm. Around 8am I finally got my epidural giving me much needed relief! During this time we were being taken care of by the most AMAZING nurse and staff!  Around 12:30pm we decided to change positions by laying on my left side to see if that could help move things along and within minutes I began feeling painful contractions that could not be relieved by the epidural. So by 1:15pm the nurse checked me one last time and I was in fact fully dilated. Doctor was called and they began preping me for Braxton's arrival. During this time my Mother had managed to catch an early morning flight and she was in transit from the Houston airport to the hospital. Right as I began to push my Mother miraculously made it to our room and within 15 minutes we were holding a beautiful, healthy baby boy!

Braxton James Manard was born
July 8th, 2014
@ 1:38pm
weighing 8lbs 1oz
measuring 19 inches


The hospital we delivered at provided photographers free of charge who also made a video for keepsake. We are so thankful we have so many wonderful pictures to share and it is so special that we get to have all these memories to keep! Here they are...


Before pics...


cheesy I know but had to include it! ha

our awesome nurse!

its time!...

Dad cutting the umbilical cord....

he is here!....


8lbs 1oz...





Braxton James Manard...






two very proud parents....





First Bath....








proud Dad....






Family pics....our hearts are full!...




Abuelita and B....


Brother pics...














Brother singing "happy birthday".....





Aunt Ki Ki and B....





And a few pictures we snapped from our phones while we were at the hospital....













No comments:

Post a Comment