Thursday, December 1, 2011

12 Week Belly Post

How far along: 12 weeks
Size of the baby:  Around 2.1 inches. About the size of a Plum.
Total weight gain/loss: to be honest I am not sure. I forgot to ask at my 12 week appointment with all the commotion of our 12 week ultrasound, which was AMAZING by the way! More on that later on...
Maternity clothes: No maternity cloths yet but some days I feel bigger than others. Can't tell if I am just feeling bloated or I have a full bladder. These days my bladder really can't seem to hold much!
Cravings:  I haven't really had any specific cravings. Ever since we have been back from Poland Josh and I have wanted to indulge in all of our favorites here in Houston, which of course includes mexican and every other food that was hard to find while we were living away. Not sure if that is considered cravings or just over indulging after being deprived for soo long. But I think I need to simmer it down now because I wouldn't be surprised if I have put on some serious pounds since we have been home.
Symptoms: I have had my moments with the whole nausea thing and would be lying to you if I told you I didn't get occasional episodes of morning sickness. Almost always I would get sick in the morning but towards the end of the day I would be feeling fine. The exhaustion seems to finally be dissipating. I didn't realize how exhausted I was actually feeling until I experienced a burst of energy during my 12th week. For the first several weeks of pregnancy I blamed it on jet lag and getting used to a new time zone but now I know better! All and all have I have had a good 1st trimester and really can't complain.
Movements: Not yet but I sure can't wait!
Gender predictions: Most people including myself, seem to think we are having a boy. The prediction was almost confirmed at our 12 week appointment when the doctor performing our ultrasound asked if we wanted to know the sex of our baby. He said that he is 90% sure we are having a....BOY!!! How did he know this early??? Well apparently our little one has a little (well you know what) and since it was pointing up it almost always means its a boy. If it was a little girl it usually points down. (interesting!) Of course it is too early to know for sure and he has made mistakes in the past, so we aren't exactly going out and buying BLUE just yet! But we will either confirm or dismiss this prediction at our next ultrasound at 20 weeks. CRAZY!!!!

Here is my first belly pic at 12 weeks. That day I was feeling very bloated and to my eyes beginning to show. I do have to inform you that my bladder was full because I was rushing the hubby while he was taking this picture. We never got a chance to retake because we were running late for lunch but I guess the upcoming weeks will tell....


This picture was taken at our 12 week nuchal translucency ultrasound. Josh and I chose to do a more in depth ultrasound performed by a specialist that is optional to most parents. Women who are at a higher risk for genetic abnormalities usually go this route to make sure their pregnancy is going well. For us it was more of a decision to get to see our baby again before 20 weeks and of course to have a better piece of mind. It seemed like the right thing for us to do and it made so much sense since our insurance covers this ultrasound. We did in fact get our results and everything looks perfect! What more could a Momma ask for and we got this beautiful picture to show for it! Enough of a reason to do it!! =)

Baby Manard at 12 weeks: Heart rate 152.
Doctor says baby is measuring
more along 13 weeks. Wonder if I can move my
due date up?!?

Can't begin to tell you how crazy this ultrasound was for both Josh and I. Not sure if Josh and I were really prepared to see such a real baby in front of us.  I think it is finally starting to sink in that Josh and I are really about to become parents!! Baby Manard kept moving around and waving his hands to us on the screen. At one point the doctor froze the screen and we were able to count all 5 fingers on one of the hands. We even got to see the baby make sucking faces with his mouth! It's truly amazing that at 12 weeks they are as developed as they appear and hearing the heartbeat for the first time was music to our ears. Can't wait to see baby Manard again at 20 weeks and we continue to pray that our baby grows strong and healthy!


No comments:

Post a Comment